Saturday, January 07, 2006

Questions ??? !!!


You heard of the phrases, "There are no dumb questions" and "The dumbest question is the one never asked." How about my saying, "Enough with the stupid phrases."

I'm tired of people asking me question that they know the answer to, just to get a "small talk" conversation going. It annoys me.

I become sarcastic when answering these type of questions, and I come off to people as a jerk, but I don't care because I can be very blunt and people get intimidated at me when I'm not talking like a "nice guy." For example today when one of my wife's friends came over to pick her up.

Lady says: "Hi -----."

Q: "You're sick, right ?"
A: "Obviously my wife told you that I'm sick."

Q: "Are you taking medicine ?"
A: "Yeah, the medicine sucks. It doesn't do anything for me."

Speak of the devil... as I'm writing this stuff, I'm interupted... the Lady showed up again just a few minutes ago to drop off my wife, and she comes in our apartment along with one of my friends, who is a doctor and happened to give me a shot in the butt just now to ease my back pain. He's a great friend. I'm very sarcastic with him. He asked me a dumb question, so I replied, "Obviously you know that I'm sick and my back hurts." I love to say the word "obvious" to point out the stupidity of any question that they already know the answer to. He knows I'm full of sarcasm and I get on his case, joking usually. So I showed my friend the medicine I was taking and my symptoms and basically insulted the civilian doctor from the base. I thought it was funny and insulting that doctor made me happy, because she didn't do her job correctly, so I insulted her. She gave me medicine that I didn't need. Not to mention this doctor on base was a female hippo about 4 feet by 4 feet, at least 200 kilos. I wonder how she can get around through the narrow hallways.

I'm horrible aren't I ? That was a rhetorical question, unlike the stupid questions some people ask me. Maybe I'm annoyed from a certain individual from childhood (even still, today) that constantly bombarded me with stupid questions that could either not be answered or the answer was obvious. Dumb questions are just for small talk. If I want to speak, I will say something. If I keep silent, I have nothing to say. It is a very simple concept. Just walk away from me if you don't have much to say, I don't care, it's not going to hurt my feelings. Talk to somebody else, but please, don't talk to me about pointless nonsense like "how's the weather?" You know, if you have internet, just go to www.weather.com or turn on the Telly. Even newspapers have the piping weather.

The Question is the Answer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Too many questions"
... Riddler, from Batman Forever

Sunday, 06 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search for gas prices by US Zip Code