Cross Walker "people" - if I were an "insurgent," I'd bomb the building this guy works in... while he's in it


At a stop sign on base... waiting there in my car for about 60 seconds total, so that traffic can finally clear up so that I can turn left, I found myself creeping forward so that I can make the left turn... I wait there in my car, with the front 1/2 of my car, hood section and drivers' side of my small Honda, blocking the way of the cross-walk for pedestrians. But it's been a while and there is still busy traffic. I'm the only car waiting there at this stop sign, nobody behind me. It was about a minute sitting there and then this tough guy comes with his skinnier buddy and the tough guy looks at me and starts talking and glancing over at me 3 or 4 times while saying in a Northeastern American accent, "I wish people would learn how to drive. Don't they know they're not supposed to stop on the cross-walk !" He might as well have replaced the word "people" with the word "you" as he was looking at me... he also shouldn't have acted as if everyone else in this world should bow down to him. That is what pissed me off more than anything. How can we be reasonable with "people" like him ?

So as the jerk glanced over at me several times, I looked right back at him, staring, smiling, and waved. A lady behind them, that saw the whole thing occur, didn't seem to have a problem with me... she just simply walked around my car, behind the car, which really didn't take too much effort or wasted energy, during her walk across the road. I've been in the same situation as the jerky tough guy, and it is so simple... I see a car there in the way of the marked crosswalk, so I just walk behind the vehicle and do not think anything of it, nor make a big deal about it... it's that easy... it's like a common act each day... practically everybody on base does it and in the area I was in, pedestrians are supposed to watch out for vehicles, while cars make a complete stop for pedestrians to cross. Some "people" !!!

Speaking of "people" I was amazed how lazy and ignorant "people" were that could not walk behind and around my vehicle, which is a lot safer than walking in front of a vehicle that can move forward and crush their bloody knee-caps. After the guy passed with his buddy, I went around to the parking lot finally and parked my car and proceeded to follow the 2 very slow walking civilians that annoyed me. I could not believe how slow they walked. Following the cattle, side by side they roamed, as I nearly beat them to the building they were walking to. I was so mad, I followed them and was trying to talk to the guy because I wanted to ask him that if he had something to say, to say it to my face and not be such a coward and walk away while he's saying something to some "people." What people ? Maybe the guy was talking to himself... you know, the delusional type of "people."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home