Saturday, November 19, 2005

VHS to DVD: Part 4 (The e-mail I sent and the response)

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:18:29 -0800 (PST)
From: "D. Caleb" Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: I'm sure you already know why I'm e-mailing you
To: fnsmyc@hotmail.com

Hey Alex,

Before I forget... I'm giving you the monthly reminder of DVD progress, harassing you yet again so that in turn you can harass your friend so it can get done (hopefully) - if not, I'm sure there is a special shop that can make DVDs out of tapes for us and then you can pocket the rest of the money. Procrastination = never get done. So hopefully some time this century your friend will take time AND take the money to make the DVD, cuz it's already been a few months, and I'm telling you the truth, cuz you're my friend and all... and I'm growing very impatient, honestly annoyed at times, because it seems a very simple task. I've got 2 friends here in Oklahoma City that have the equipment to burn DVDs from tapes that live near me and they would gladly make me the DVD or DVDs for free, only I don't have the tapes to give them. I'm hoping that I will get a copy of the DVD before my kid starts talking or maybe she'll be making her own home made films with friends by the time I see "our movie tapes from child hood" again. I could write an essay about this... anywho, please do not misinterpret this e-mail. All I want is the bloody DVD done in a timely fashion. I could care less about editing any part of it, which AFTER getting the DVD, I could do myself or at a friend's house. Alright, I'm done.

Have phun in school. Be safe. Don't do drugs. Do not make phake IDs. :) (that was a cheap stab, but I thought it was phunny)

Caleb
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Alex DiVecchio" View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert
To: "D. Caleb"
Subject: Re: I'm sure you already know why I'm e-mailing you
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:13:50 -0800

You will have it. When is that going to be? I don't know. You're going to have to be patient. It's not like I'm not going to do it. I NEED to make them, for the tape quality is going to keep degrading and one day it won't work. I don't plan on losing that footage, as it was one of the highlights of my young life. Now, I understand why you are upset and you have absolutely every right. And I could understand one sarcastic comment or two. But your email was borderline insulting, and if you thought that would help the situation you're wrong. I know you're pissed, and like I said I understand why. However I don't appreciate having anybody, including my friends or family, talk to me like that. And believe it or not I have a busy schedule. James, the guy with the equipment is probably twice as busy as I am. So it might not be as hard to believe as you think. I will get it done, I promise, and you will hold in your hands the DVD of our movie. The absolute latest would be Christmas, because me and a friend are taking his camera over Christmas break. He can capture video on to his Mac, he has 2 video editing programs, and can burn DVDs. Consider it a Christmas present, even though you paid :) I will get one to Mike too over the break.

2 Comments:

Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

It seems to take an act of Congress to get anything accomplished, doesn't it ? What does it take to complete one simple task ? Who knows, maybe I'll die before I watch the DVD again. Please see "VHS to DVD" blogs posts Part 1, 2, and 3.

Saturday, 19 November, 2005  
Blogger Josue' said...

As I mentioned before, time for a 'friend' upgrade...ain't nothin gonna happan yo.....

Saturday, 19 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search for gas prices by US Zip Code