Friday, July 18, 2008

new boss


This is a photo of our new butter bar while he was in the Air Force Academy.

butter bar = 2nd Lieutenant = lowest rank of all commissioned officers

He's a very cool officer, very laid back, something I didn't expect from a recent Academy graduate. You learn that not every officer that went to the AF Academy is a flairdip. I was happy. This guy is only 23 and is our OIC, officer in charge. He's also our flight commander. But he does get a lot of coaching from the older senior enlisted guys in our section. Ha, coaching.....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another good reason I can't wait to get out. Too many bosses in the military - every one who outranks you is your boss. When I was in college, he was in middle school...

Friday, 18 July, 2008  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Having a younger boss can also occur in the civilian sector, so it doesn't matter where you go, you'll always run into it. If I got a Masters Degree, which I'd like to get, I'm more marketable than many older people with 2-4 year degrees, and I could find a higher position in gov't or any company willing to hire me. You start small and work your way up if you meet the requirements.

Saturday, 19 July, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True, but in the civilian world you typically have only one boss or very few. And doctors in the civilian world are real 8 year degree doctors, not young punks with a 4 year degree in liberal arts and some shiny metal and a hair up their butt!

Saturday, 19 July, 2008  
Blogger The D said...

Always listen to your Sargent. They have good advice for the new L.T.

If you went to college, why didn't you go to OCS? Be an officer? Excuse me, but I think that being an enlisted is a bad idea.

Hell, if McCain had his way and we were go invade Iran, and there was a draft, I would go for OCS and outrank both your asses! HA!

Tuesday, 22 July, 2008  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Hey D,

I didn't get a 4 year degree, that's why I'm not an officer.

It's a great thing you're not in the military; they'd treat you like a terrorist.

Tuesday, 22 July, 2008  
Blogger Josue' said...

d would have to get through booty camp first. :p

Wednesday, 23 July, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search for gas prices by US Zip Code