Bad case of the 'Mondays'
http://www.newsok.com/article/3208853/
Read this article to get a better picture. There was a crazy incident that occured on my base this Monday. It happened shortly after I got on base. One of the gates was blocked off & on lock down, traffic on base was backed up really bad, luckily I was already at work. Lots of guys who worked day shift hours had to stay a little late at work because they had no place to go, no one could go in or out of the base housing because of what happened. Today we found out that the 'shooter' was from our group, a computer guy, E-6, Tech Sgt. who works in an office where one of my friends used to work & I thought I recogized the guy's last name, pretty sure I've bumped into him a few times. I've known 2 guys in the past in my Squadron who shot themselves dead. This incident was horrible. Most of the time the suicides are enlisted personnel. I'm not surprised at all that it was one of our guys. Several of our guys knew this man & one had a kid that was in class with one of the 'shooters' kids. The home where this whole deal occured was right down the street from where one of my buddies lives; one of my buddies who actually had some domestic problems himself, whose wife didn't take her medication for her mental disorder & got a DUI cuz she drove on base drunk and hit some barriers along the base gate check point, she assaulted the military police & was trying to take a gun from one of the MP's holster in the process (that was last year). Yeah, we've got a bunch of crazy situations in our group. You think of military & high standards or best of the best... and this is what you get from only a small percentage of us, yet in our group we seem to have a high concentration of these kinds of problems. It isn't much different from the civilian world with people having domestic violence & other issues, we're just in the military, which does have a very high stress level in many cases with people deploying, etc., that's the difference.
Read this article to get a better picture. There was a crazy incident that occured on my base this Monday. It happened shortly after I got on base. One of the gates was blocked off & on lock down, traffic on base was backed up really bad, luckily I was already at work. Lots of guys who worked day shift hours had to stay a little late at work because they had no place to go, no one could go in or out of the base housing because of what happened. Today we found out that the 'shooter' was from our group, a computer guy, E-6, Tech Sgt. who works in an office where one of my friends used to work & I thought I recogized the guy's last name, pretty sure I've bumped into him a few times. I've known 2 guys in the past in my Squadron who shot themselves dead. This incident was horrible. Most of the time the suicides are enlisted personnel. I'm not surprised at all that it was one of our guys. Several of our guys knew this man & one had a kid that was in class with one of the 'shooters' kids. The home where this whole deal occured was right down the street from where one of my buddies lives; one of my buddies who actually had some domestic problems himself, whose wife didn't take her medication for her mental disorder & got a DUI cuz she drove on base drunk and hit some barriers along the base gate check point, she assaulted the military police & was trying to take a gun from one of the MP's holster in the process (that was last year). Yeah, we've got a bunch of crazy situations in our group. You think of military & high standards or best of the best... and this is what you get from only a small percentage of us, yet in our group we seem to have a high concentration of these kinds of problems. It isn't much different from the civilian world with people having domestic violence & other issues, we're just in the military, which does have a very high stress level in many cases with people deploying, etc., that's the difference.

3 Comments:
the military doesn't cure people's mental illness.
http://www.burntout.com/kurt/biography/
I am just glad you are ok there, Cuz. Do you carry a sidearm?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home