Sunday, May 25, 2008

Health situation

The doctor I've been seeing off base prescribed me a medication last year, but now told me to stop taking it. He doesn't want me to take the medication any longer, plus he doesn't want me to see him anymore. He says I can make an appointment with another doctor or get a second opinion from someone else. He can't make a diagnosis and just because a medication didn't work he is now saying that he doesn't know what is wrong with me. You know, sometimes a medication doesn't work so you have to try another one. But of course just because he is a doctor doesn't mean he uses his brain. This concept of trying a different medication is too complicated for this doctor. Oh well, another doctor gave up on me. Wow, that means every single doctor I've seen so far has given up on me. But the military has to think of something soon. According to my Squadron Chief, who deals with legal and personal affairs, I might have to see a JAG to get some help with my situation. I'll find out on Tuesday if I need an attorney or not.

To add onto this post, the doctor I was seeing off base was very rude during my very last visit on Friday. I tried to talk to him and ask him if he could help with several different things, I'd tried to ask a few questions, but he would cut me off and say everything he could to avoid helping me further. By the way he carried himself I knew he could care less what I was saying or what my concerns were. I was really pissed off. But I found out that one of my supervisors had this same doctor before and could not say anything nice about him. What a jerk. I was furious after I told the doctor very calmly, "I've been struggling with this health issue for 2 1/2 years and every single doctor has blown me off or couldn't make a diagnosis," and he got up and didn't even look at me and said someone would come in a minute, quickly walked out, and shut the door. I was 30 minutes early for my appointment and I waited over an hour to get called on. The visit went very quickly. The wasted time isn't why I was mad. I was so angry about the doctor having a cold heart toward me that I called my supervisor and explained what happened. He was so callous. That was when I went ahead and called my Squadron Chief. Yeah, I was really pissed off. One thing I am glad about is that this doctor I was seeing is having move to another state. I think it is funny he is leaving, maybe that's why the doc was being so pissy, or maybe a lot of people complained about his uncaring attitude, but that is only speculation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how annoying...

Sunday, 25 May, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's probably why they're in the military - they couldn't hack it in the civilian world. On top of that, they wouldn't have been able to afford lawsuits and medical malpractice insurance. Military doctors don't have to pay malpractice insurance and they can't get sued. All their patients are "guinea pigs" so to speak. In fact, their first year active duty is spent seeing and treating patients (there is no internship).

Monday, 26 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search for gas prices by US Zip Code