I get these e-mails... are they accurate or misleading?
This message was sent by one of my co-workers.
___________________________________________
Dear Friends,
As I was listening to a news program last night, I watched in horror as Barack Obama made the statement with pride. . ."we are no longer a Christian nation; we are now a nation of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, . . . As with so many other statements I've heard him (and his wife) make, I never thought I'd see the day that I'd hear something like that from a presidential candidate in this nation. To think our forefathers fought and died for the right for our nation to be a Christian nation--and to have this man say with pride that we are no longer that. How far this nation has come from what our founding fathers intended it to be.
I hope that each of you will do what I'm doing now--send your concerns, written simply and sincerely, to the Christians on your email list. With God's help, and He is still in control of this nation and all else, we can show this man and the world in November that we are, indeed, still a Christian nation!
Please pray for our nation!

8 Comments:
Not condoning Obama or any other side to this story...
I don't know about you, but I thought the United States was created for religious freedom in the first place, not as a Christian nation. Christianity has always been the popular religion in the U.S. and these days it is more watered down than ocean-bottom plant life. The "founding fathers" were a mixed group of different beliefs and they wanted to get away from the British oppression more than anything else. Are people ignorant or do they forget history? Maybe they create their own history. This has become a nation of so many idiots. Uh oh, did I offend someone? Perhaps an overly sensitive Republican?
I know that separation of church and state is crucial to avoid 'holy wars'. Some people think they're being influenced by God but really, its their mind's own machinations misinterpreted as divine providence. There is a thin line there, as I would like our country to be ran by reason and not by religion. This doesn't mean that you cannot be a president without faith; you just have to be the leader of a nation of many faiths. Use your faith to guide your morals, but don't force it on others. We don't need an 'American Inquisition'. Be an example to others.
As to what Obama said, if we had 99% Christian and the rest were of other religions, we still would be a mixed-religion nation - just predominantly Christian. Big whoop.
I think Obama is an easy target...as is Mccain or any other public official. They say anything and people react. Part of that is our own fault for placing such unrealistic expectations on these people and their own opinions. Yes, we do "vote" for representation, but that certainly does not mean the candidate is a clone of our thoughts. I think what Obama says has appropriate context should you decide to think of it in the way in which I believe he said it. There are zealots out there who will jump all over his statement and that is pretty unfortunate. I agree that one has to have an opinion even if it is unpopular and should be willing and able to defend it, but in this situation, I have big yawn for what he said and really do not think it equates to him saying Christians are unimportant or insignificant in the US....
Wow...Obama was just stating a fact...why would someone get upset about basic common sense spoken truth? Hopefully these people don't keep breeding.
We're not a Christian nation... we never were. The "IN GOD WE TRUST" seems to be a universal 'god' which does not necessarily mean it is a Christian god. If it were a true Christian nation wouldn't it say "IN JESUS WE TRUST" ???
Yes, the "In God We Trust" was coined by freemasons. The idea was whatever God, fill in the blank, that you want to put your trust in (i.e. money, Lucifer, Marine Corp, sex, self). In freemasonry, it's Tubal Cain, Nimrod, and a host of demons.
1) The author of that email needs to crack open a history book of this nation they claim to 'love'.
2) BJ needs to crack open a history book on Freemasons not some religious propaganda book full of nonsense written by someone with an agenda.
... exactly my point of the e-mail. The 'information' in it is garbage, constructed specifically as propaganda for one side.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home