most doctors I've seen are irritating
I had another doctor appointment today with a female neurologist. It was just for a second opinion. The lady was nice yet she pissed me off. You know what she asked me at the end of the appointment... "Have you been checked for HIV/AIDS? Do you do any drugs? Have you had sex with other men?" I was so pissed off. Each year the military checks our blood for AIDS/HIV. I couldn't believe what she was asking me. I left pissed off for other reasons. The lady was trying to tell me that maybe nothing is wrong with me, as if it is all in my head. She also asked me, "What is it that you're so worried about?" I told her that I'm not worried about anything. I just want to find out what is wrong with my health and move on with my life. I do everything I can to not think about my health problems and to ignore a lot of my symptoms. Come on, I have lived with this crap for nearly 2 years without any answers. This lady was a complete moron. She was also telling me that my involuntary movements were normal. Ha! NO, involuntary movements are NOT normal. I get them frequently AND I also have been found to have a neuropathy. Also, everyone has automatic movements which I forget the actual term... like restless legs that move, blinking, etc. Those are completely different from involuntary movements. For a neurologist she was very stupid. I wonder if this lady was at the bottom of her class in Med school. I should become a doctor so someone else can get pissed off at my opinion. What is wrong with these people? I have gotten no where. What a waste of more tax dollars. I'm so sick of this. Yesterday I tried to sign out my medical records from the base Doc office and it seems that a policy recently changed. We CANNOT sign out our medical records any longer. We can only get copies of the documents we need and bring those to off base appointments. Otherwise if I was a complete copy of my medical records I have to go through the hassle to request a copy of the records and wait several months before I can get the actual copies in hand. This is a bunch of crap. This is ridiculous. I wonder how much longer the military will take before determining whether or not they'll keep me. Maybe I should NOT re-enlist. My enlistment is up in November 2009. If they don't figure out something by then, they will be forced to make a decision before I exit the military. They're have no choice. That would be very sad if they dragged this out for 4 years. That would totally piss me off. Well, at least I'm still getting paid. I should've moved to Canada or Cuba. At least their medical care is better than what I get here.

8 Comments:
big brother is a big b@#$%
Ahh...Canada. You would have definitely seen a competent doctor there.
Support out troops! Give them substandard health care!
I feel for ya, Cuz. You need to get your ass to PR. Where Doctors actually care about their patients.
The civilian world is so much better medically, among other reasons. "Doctors" in the military can have only 4 years at a college or University, or even get their entire degree online. They might have joined the military because they suck, and they couldn't hack it on the outside. They may have been last in their class or a drop out / failure. Maybe too lazy to do an actual 8 years of school with the 2 added years of internships after that. Maybe they joined because they knew they couldn't get sued when they screw people over. Military medicine is good only for trauma on the frontlines. After that, get a civilian doc or risk some military doc screwing you over, not helping you, or just trying to get rid of another patient with bandaids. Their lack of education and experience shows.
...the saga continues. Sheesh. Nothing conclusive yet? Man, that is crap....What an amazing concept that those who defend our freedoms or have in the past get the shaft from Big Uncle Sam...
I'm glad all of you are seeing the light... or actually, the DARKNESS
Uncle Sam does have an evil side
Maybe the military docs graduated from a Pinoy school? :p
perhaps
"Defend our freedom"
*snicker* *chuckle* *chortle*
Freedom isn't free!
Got that on your magnetic ribbon on your car there, Josue?
haha!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home