Monday, August 06, 2007

Another "nobody cared until..." moment

No one cared about bridges until events that happened this week in Minnesota. All of a sudden we hear this bridge information on TV and even in the papers. Next month our fickle media and most people here in the U.S. will forget about the bridge ordeal as if it were yesterday's garbage. It is a POP culture thing in America whenever a mishap or some type of unfortunate event(s) occur(s). Don't forget to try to make people afraid of crossing bridges. The press is full of idiots who help exaggerate their single chapter of a very long story. Thanks again to the press who pissed me off yet again, banking on another tragic event, and pretending that they care. The press sucks, but they do have the right to report on whatever they feel like, so I gotta give it to them. Oh well, I like to think for myself and genuinely care about something or someone... basically I am not going to put on a show or suck up for anyone.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet if another bridge fell down in a few days because we didnt take this moment to reflect on an otherwise unimportant issue people would say "oh, we're so dumb, why didnt we learn." Media sensationalism is dumb. Being aware of your area's structural inadequacies = smart. Fool me once...

Monday, 06 August, 2007  
Blogger Josue' said...

Word dub.

Phun,
The "service" has hardened your heart. :p

Monday, 06 August, 2007  
Blogger The D said...

I think that it is unfair to blame the media. Instead, you should blame the brainless idiots that watch the nonsense. Network news is fear mongering BS. But that is what the people want. If they truly wanted information then the news would cater to that, but they want sensationalism because that is what gives ratings. And ratings = money!

Tuesday, 07 August, 2007  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Hey D, you should read my next post. The media is 1/2 of the problem (that is a no-brainer, which should be obvious to us people who can think for ourselves). YES, the other 1/2 of the problem is the brainless idiots who believe everything the media shows. Didn't I mention that I like to think for myself ? It is nice to know that you can think for yourself. Would you like to read my next blog post ?

Tuesday, 07 August, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been unable to see the news at all for 7 months straight, plus one year straight, due to my work. When I am in the USA, I don't have cable and I can only get a couple channels and they come in bad. I get most my news off the internet, which is more reliable than TV anyways. I don't trust TV because they are bias and have an ajenda far too often.

Thursday, 09 August, 2007  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Word

Friday, 10 August, 2007  
Blogger The D said...

A librul bias?

Thursday, 16 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search for gas prices by US Zip Code