Bike situation
My Suzuki motorcycle engine has been totaled. STORY: I was on the highway, suddenly I heard a strange noise, then the engine died. I messed around with the fuel switch and choke to see if I could fix the problem, couldn't start it as I was still on the highway. The bike was still drifting as some fool in their SUV kept tail-gating me. I come to a complete stop in the middle of the highway, this SUV fool is still behind me, came to a complete stop too. Idiot should've gone around, plus this person was blocking my view cuz I needed to get off of the highway, I was in the middle lane. When it was clear I started to move to the side of the highway. Funny thing is that t righafter I was out of the way, moving on to the side of the road, the SUV idiot finally proceeds forward. In my case, luckily there wasn't any other vehicles on the far right lane that could've hit me. I'm glad this SUV clown didn't hit me. What's so hard about changing lanes... idiot. On the side of the highway I was extremely nervous and pissed off. I tried everything I could to start the bike. It didn't crank at all. I started to push the bike toward an off-ramp. To get off the ramp I had to push the bike up a hill. In my bad health I had to take several breaks, it was killing me. After getting to a more level surface, I was exhausted, I just left the bike on the side of the road, then stepped into the grass and called up Progressive to have someone come to tow the bike. Then I was able to push the bike a hundred more feet into a parking lot gate where I could be off of the road and wait an hour for the tow truck guy to come. He never towed a bike before and said a few days prior some guy didn't secure a bike good enough and dropped a Hayabusa off of the back of the tow truck. I'll end the story: A few days later I found out about the damage and how much it would cost to replace. Over $2K. Forget it, so I ditched the bike by giving it to the Suzuki dealer in exchange for the maintenance bill. As soon as I heard that my bike was totaled I immediately called up a Kawasaki dealer to pick up my black 2009 Ninja 250R. The bike is sweet, already took it to 95 with a very strong head wind. This bike is something else. Sunday I put the Fender Eliminator kit on it, had to rewire a few things. Today I put black RTV on some areas on the tail to make the fender look a lot nicer by sealing up a small open area; this will also help keep a good seal on the tail light just in case I get caught in the rain. It'll take 12-24 hours for the RTV to cure. I put some masking tape on the tail end until the RTV finishes curing. In the pictures you'll notice the masking tape. I'll take more pictures later when I'm on the bike, maybe have the wife take some pictures so I can show mum & papa.
'Say... that's a nice bike.'




'Say... that's a nice bike.'





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home