Thursday, July 24, 2008

MY BIG MOUTH AT WORK CAUSES HOSTILITY


Today was such a special day at work. All week has been great.... ha, how cynical I'm being. It has sucked all week and a particular subordinate of mine, who has been a slacker, scammer, etc., has been pissing me off for a few weeks. I started talking trash in front of him for all of the disrespect he has shown to me, so I did it all on purpose to show him who is boss. We've been bumping heads a lot. I kept going on and on, talking trash and I really ticked this guy off. He finally couldn't take it and asked me if I was trying to imply something, so I said, "Of course." Then he says, "I'm really getting tired of your attitude, it is becoming very annoying. What's your problem? If you wanna talk sh-- I can make your life a living hell. How about we take this somewhere else. Yesterday I caught you talking trash. If you've got something to say, say it to my face." The problem is that I have been saying all of these things to his face and I am very surprised it took this guy so long to realize what I've been doing. He's quick (sarcasm). After I heard this guy rant about me, I was trying not to laugh & I also got a little ticked myself, plus he threatened me, threatened an NCO. So I let him have it. First of all, this guy is a few years younger than me AND he is lower ranking than me, but he is taller than me, so I'm looking up at him as we are almost in earn others face. He tells me, "I'm sick of your attitude." Then I explain myself to him AFTER I responded back to him, "I'm sick of your attitude!" And I'm pointing at him all up in his face and he stood still as I was yelling and giving him an explanation as to why I was talking trash. Then I apologized to him, we shook hands, and his attitude finally changed. He didn't try to slip out of work for some lame excuse, plus he was very helpful & respectful to me. I thought it was great, though I did feel bad for talking trash.... it worked as planned. I did all of this on purpose to get this guy's attention and now he has changed cuz he realizes that he is the one with a bad attitude, not me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josue' said...

Good thing that it worked out..managing someone who gives you problems is not a good exercise to maintain long term.

Saturday, 26 July, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should've broken a stick over your knee; it worked in elementary school - it'll work now. :D

Sunday, 27 July, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search for gas prices by US Zip Code