Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What's in a day ?

I always acknowledge my wife, but I'm not going to brag to anyone about what I bought for my wife "that will last her longer than flowers." I'm not going to buy flowers for her just because someone (who doesn't really know me) tells me what I should've done, when in reality I did something even better than what he suggested. The guy from church who I was talking about didn't even know. Nobody knew. No one finds out the things I do. I don't need to brag because God sees all that we do and He knows our hearts. Sometimes people should mind their own business, because they think they know, but they don't get the whole story, then they come in and start a conversation when they don't know a thing about what truly goes on. Why should I tell the whole story ? I don't have to. My wife knows what I do for her and I'm not going to brag. She knows and that's all I care about. I've already given her flowers before. How about the fact that I did something else besides flowers... Sure, I thought about buying flowers, but I wanted to do something better than that. The point is that it is great to do something for your mother, grandmother, aunt, wife, etc... on Mother's Day, as long as you know that it comes from your heart.

How about someone you know that says they love their mother, lives with their mother, but doesn't appreciate their mother daily or even weekly... especially by not lifting a finger around the house, not cleaning the bathroom, not cleaning the kitchen, not washing dishes, not washing clothes, not listening, not obeying, not mowing the lawn, not helping around the house or even saying thank you for the hard work a mother does. Then they take their mom out to dinner for Mother's Day as if it is going to make everything better, then the next day they treat their mother like garbage again. Come on, don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.

In addition to Mother's Day, there are many other days where you can acknowledge the ones you love. EVEN THE DAY AFTER or BEFORE MOTHER'S DAY. There are 365 days in a year. Why wait for a special occasion when you can do something now. You can do something special each week, so when a special occasion comes around it is no big deal, although special occasions are good excuses to do something wonderful for a loved one. If it comes from your heart and you can afford to do something special for a loved one on a Holiday, by all means go out there and do something special for that someone you love. You have to do what is from your heart. If I give my wife something for Mother's Day, I want to give it with my heart behind it and not just some gift, but something of my genuine appreciation which should first come from your heart. If it doesn't come from the heart, the gift means nothing. All it would be is just a gift with no true feelings behind it.

Just ask yourself, "Do we truly love the ones we say we love ?" Let a day like Mother's Day be about that person who is a mother... and not just about the fact that it is "Mother's Day." When you realize that, you will understand where I am coming from. Don't celebrate the day... celebrate the mothers.

7 Comments:

Blogger Josue' said...

phun,
I still wonder why you even posted this....you ain't gots nothin to prove. people are set in their opinions and although you explain your situation to the Nth degree (I've been there and done that MANY times), you end up right where you started...there is no rule in life that says everyone has to agree with everything anyone does or sees things the same way. you explained yourself before...why do it again? sometimes a discussion is won by not saying anything else. adults typically believe what they want anyway and most discussions (about relationships, religion, politics, etc.) either get ridiculously heated or just end in disagreement. at times, you get people who want to run the false logic of saying that they really want to agree with you, but fundamental differneces exist. so what! no big deal. i wouldn't let it get under your skin...if you do, you will be a poor sap who cannot sleep at night and THAT is not a good thing...

Friday, 19 May, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so...uuum...did you get her the flowers or not? lol j/k

Saturday, 20 May, 2006  
Blogger The D said...

Well...what did you get her that lasted longer then flowers...besides your seed. HAHA!

Mysterious Caleb...

"not lifting a finger around the house"

Is this persons name start with an M?

"there are many other days where you can acknowledge the ones you love"
Father's Day?

Look, these days exist because nowadays hustle and bustle world, we often forget how special the people in our life are. Now, you can't bust on a day that is ment for a reminder. Think of it as Three Kings Day, A day to remember the Birth of The Christ. Do we need that day to remember? No. But for some, they need that day because they dont have the time to think about it.

Think about that.

Saturday, 20 May, 2006  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Oh, I've thought plenty about that... that is why I decided to write this blog. FYI, I do recognize the days as a reminder - re-read my blog. If you love your father, think about him everyday. If you love your mother, think about her everyday. If you love your wife, think of her everyday. Having no time is no excuse for showing love. Why people are so busy in today's world is yet another blog post. Why do people neglect others in our society ? Why do people neglect their own family members ?

Saturday, 20 May, 2006  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Gimme a break !!! All I'm simply trying to say is that if you celebrate a holiday, let it come from your heart, and that it doesn't hurt to recognize your family members when it is not a holiday. Sheesh !!!!!

Saturday, 20 May, 2006  
Blogger The D said...

So...in your world Thinking = Love?

Haha, jk

Monday, 22 May, 2006  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Thanks Plato... oh wonderous philosopher

Tuesday, 23 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search for gas prices by US Zip Code