Response to RACISM topic
I was with my friend, who is white, and his wife happens to be black. It was just my white friend and I waiting around this very busy CINGULAR cell phone booth at a local mall here in Oklahoma by the Air Force base. So we are just waiting around for a long time, there were lots of people, and it was very busy. Actually, so busy that I was confused as to who was next in line. My friend had on his military uniform and was easily visible, so this CINGULAR employee (a white woman), being the ONLY one there, decided to assist my white friend. There were a lot of people, some white girls and couples, etc. So I believe this CINGULAR employee may have skipped even the white girls, maybe cuz she liked my friend. Anyway, chilling somewhere behind us, standing a little far from the counter, and not very visible, there was one old black woman, that was very short, standing all by herself. I didn't even notice her myself. Out of the entire crowd, she was the only black person there. Yes, while everyone else waiting around the large rectangular booth was white. So there is this large "island" like booth in the mall, in the middle of the walking area, and there's lots of people coming and going. So at one time, there's probably 20 people surrounding the booth for assistance, and only one CINGULAR employee. After my friend was finished being helped by this CINGULAR white girl, the black woman comes up toward the booth finally and says that she was waiting around before everyone else and hadn't been helped yet. She was whining about it for a few minutes and the CINGULAR employee was being so kind to her and apologized. So then the black woman implied racism to the employee while the employee was saying that had nothing to do with it. She just didn't notice that she was waiting there. So then the employee apologized again, and said "Sweetie, I'm sorry I..." and got interupted by the black woman, saying, "I'm not your Sweetie." At this point, I'm trying not to laugh or interfere with the situation. My friend, having a black wife, is trying not to laugh, so I have to start walking away... it was hilarious, everybody was commenting about how ignorant the black lady was, cuz it had nothing to do with her race.
I cry out "racist" all of the time when I don't get my way.
[above statement = sarcasm (for lamen who don't understand, calling someone a racist at the workplace or when you are shopping in public is a good excuse to get what you want and screw over other peoples' lives)]
Yes, people often are prejudice and discriminate, yet try to sugar-coat it when it comes to race/ethnicity. A lot of people are guilty of racism, however, I do believe sometimes people falsely accuse others of being racist in some cases. I am prejudice and I discrimate all of the time... but it has nothing to do with race. Almost everyones "discriminates" in some way shape or form. What kind of discriminating thoughts do you have when a guy knocks on your door and says, "Hello ! I'm a convicted sex offender. I just moved in next door. Nice to meet you." By the way, that's a great prank to pull at a random house when you're cruising through any neighborhood.
Racism is wrong... "discrimination" is natural, like when you "discriminate" against young children for not being tall enough to ride the roller coaster.
On another note, why do politically correct fruit cakes in America call someone by their race and then add "American" to the end of it ? So if someone is from China, you call them "Chinese-American" ? What if they aren't even a citizen ? There's a Haitian guy that just got his citizenship here in America, and he doesn't like it when people call him an "African-American" because he's not African, he's Haitian. So he'd a "Carribean-American" or "Haitian-American" ? It's stupid isn't it ? Thanks America. Look at the "wonderful" country you've become. Our country must look so stupid when other countries see what is going on here. It's really sad.
South Americans in the U.S. will be known as "South American-Americans" and I'll be known as a "North American-American."
I cry out "racist" all of the time when I don't get my way.
[above statement = sarcasm (for lamen who don't understand, calling someone a racist at the workplace or when you are shopping in public is a good excuse to get what you want and screw over other peoples' lives)]
Yes, people often are prejudice and discriminate, yet try to sugar-coat it when it comes to race/ethnicity. A lot of people are guilty of racism, however, I do believe sometimes people falsely accuse others of being racist in some cases. I am prejudice and I discrimate all of the time... but it has nothing to do with race. Almost everyones "discriminates" in some way shape or form. What kind of discriminating thoughts do you have when a guy knocks on your door and says, "Hello ! I'm a convicted sex offender. I just moved in next door. Nice to meet you." By the way, that's a great prank to pull at a random house when you're cruising through any neighborhood.
Racism is wrong... "discrimination" is natural, like when you "discriminate" against young children for not being tall enough to ride the roller coaster.
On another note, why do politically correct fruit cakes in America call someone by their race and then add "American" to the end of it ? So if someone is from China, you call them "Chinese-American" ? What if they aren't even a citizen ? There's a Haitian guy that just got his citizenship here in America, and he doesn't like it when people call him an "African-American" because he's not African, he's Haitian. So he'd a "Carribean-American" or "Haitian-American" ? It's stupid isn't it ? Thanks America. Look at the "wonderful" country you've become. Our country must look so stupid when other countries see what is going on here. It's really sad.
South Americans in the U.S. will be known as "South American-Americans" and I'll be known as a "North American-American."

3 Comments:
I think you are too caught up on lables. Black, white, asian, Native, Latino. Let it go man. They are just people. One flustred busy woman and one rude woman. Isnt that life?
Kind of ironic that your statement agrees with my thoughts, cuz I hate this anal LABELING madness and politically correctness. The whole point of this blog post was exactly what you just said. So thank you. At least one person got it so far. But get this...
Hating people that are racist is also discrimination. So please, try to be kind to them and show them love so that they can become loving for all people.
By the way, I do love Injuns, Spix, Naggers, Crackers, Goombas, Honkys, and Chinx too {sarcasm - making fun of that guy that is going to be a Marine}.
LOL! Funny and well spoken. Yes, many labels out there. America isn't the worst racist country. We've come a long way. In Iraq, there is much racism and much more violent. Tribe vs. Tribe. I remember visiting Mississippi and seeing racism of blacks and whites. It went both ways. Sad.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home