Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Forgive me for having and opinion. You know.... I wish everyone would have the common decency to respect my beliefs

What I said about the Crusades, Inquisition, and Roman Catholicism are facts and history... not even from the Bible. Merely just stating facts, is seems that people are still offended. Oh well. So much for Christianity. What does it mean to be a Christian ? A true Christian ?

It's more than beliefs and more than faith. You already know what the Bible says, right ? Yeah, but you (if you happen to be a Christian) can believe all you want... but when you act upon what the Bible says (as a Christian) then that's awesome. BUT... there's more to it than that. What about the spiritual sense ? I know that Jesus is true and God exists, not only because of what He has done in my life, but also, because I feel it inside, spiritually. So, therefore, I wouldn't consider myself being religious, unless you define "religious" correctly. I just call myself a Jesus freak that contains spiritual aspects. You can only do enough for the body. What about your spirit ? Maybe you don't believe in a spirit. Oh well. Back to "RELIGIOUS." Here are definitions of the word "religious" from dictionary.com :
=====================================================================================
2 entries found for religious.
re·li·gious ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-ljs)
adj.
Having or showing belief in and reverence for God or a deity.
Of, concerned with, or teaching religion: a religious text.
Extremely scrupulous or conscientious: religious devotion to duty.

n. pl. religious
A member of a monastic order, especially a nun or monk.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin religisus, from religi, religion. See religion.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
re·ligious·ly adv.
re·ligious·ness n.
Synonyms: religious, devout, pious
These adjectives mean having or showing a belief in and veneration for God or a divine power, especially as it is reflected in the practice of religion. Religious implies adherence to religion in both belief and practice: The cathedral at Chartres is an expression of the religious fervor of the Middle Ages. Devout connotes ardent faith and sincere devotion: Devout Muslims observe Ramadan punctiliously. Pious stresses dutiful, reverential discharge of religious duties: a pious woman who attends Mass every morning.

religious

adj 1: concerned with sacred matters or religion or the church; "religious texts"; "a nenber if a religious order"; "lords temporal and spiritual"; "spiritual leaders"; "spiritual songs" [syn: spiritual] 2: having or showing belief in and reverence for a deity; "a religious man"; "religious attitude" [ant: irreligious] 3: extremely scrupulous and conscientious; "religious in observing the rules of health" n : a member of a religious order who is bound by vows of poverty and chastity and obedience
=====================================================================================
I don't feel that "religious" and "religion" are defined correctly for the way I am. It's more than just believing and practicing. A lot more than that. Okay, so maybe I'm not religious, according to these definitions, because just believing in a deity... hmm... that's not me.

A few years back I remember when we would mock BJ about his "cult" and the "Orlando Church." I remember a lot of the things he said, things I know now that I can look in the Bible and see that most things that he said were correct. Even about Promise Keepers being wrong, because we are promise breakers. He told me, like 5 years ago, that because he loves me, he's telling me all of this, because to think that for all eternity that I might be burning in hell, and him keeping silent and just accepting me to do whatever I want and whatever I please, would make him feel guilty. Ultimately everyone has to decide what they will do. People mock those that believe in Jesus. People think that those who believe in Jesus are self righteous. You know what, what if you are the self righteous one ? What if you are the blind one ? Ever think about that ? Isn't it great ?

Most people that say they are Christian are not truly Christian. I can see that most people I encounter are non-Christian and hate Jesus. That's a fact in my life. America is NOT a Christian nation. If we were truly a Christian nation, you think we'd have the problems that we have now in America ? Most people that claim to be Christian have spirituality. Spirituality is much different than being religious.

Religions are full of rituals and practices that do what ? Clear their mind ? It's gotta be more than just clearing your mind. I have spirituality so I consider myself not to be religious.

Being religious is like saying that drinking alcohol is wrong, but getting drunk anyway and then going to church without feeling bad about being drunk the other night. Come on. I know cuz I've been there.

My one true God is afecting my life in many ways. I can feel life is easier and better and has a meaning. Even if life gets harder, I should still keep the same ways that I have learned through Jesus' teachings. My life changed and I'm very happy. Are you ?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_Inquisition

http://www.chick.com/information/religions/catholicism/

Tuesday, 01 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/inquisitions.html

Wednesday, 16 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search for gas prices by US Zip Code