From my commander
I just got a call maybe 20 minutes ago, some message from a Master Sergeant. I just woke up and half asleep, half awake. Anywho, this Master Sergeant says that he received some mail with my name on it. So then he says,"Give me a minute to find it." He was lying. All of a sudden I hear my commander speaking. "How are you doing (my name)? This is Lieutenant Colonel (his name). How are you feeling today ?" I told him that I just woke up, because I did, and I'm so freaking tired. Then he said that I can call back later when I am more awake, but I said, "That's okay sir, I'm awake now sir." I said it really fast because I knew something was up. I was either in trouble bad enough to hear from my commander, or it was some complaining about me trying to change my job in the Air Force... something bad. Usually this happens when you get in trouble. Sometimes it is good not to hear from my commander, because it means I'm doing my job, staying out of trouble. Anyway, he goes on talking, asking me, "How would you feel if I told you that you are a Staff Sergeant Select in the Air Force?" And I'm all shocked, because I honestly didn't study much for this weighted promotion test, maybe a few pages, of 6 large books that I was "supposed to" have studied. My heart is pumping like crazy and I'm all nervous talking the commander, cuz I thought I was in a lot of trouble... maybe I was driving and cut off the commander at the stop light or yelled out something stupid from my car. But no, it wasn't anything like that. So yeah, I am selected for promotion on my first time taking this test. All E-4's in the Air Force take it once a year, every year, to see if they get promoted. The test is on difficult material, specific for my current job, and also includes a large section of military customs, courtesies, history, dress & appearance, etc. I'm really excited. This is great for my family. When I was taking the test, I didn't care whether or not I made it. I was tired and grumpy, like Oscar the Grouch. Oh well if I don't make it. Yippee if I make it. That's my thinking. Yeah, so YIPPEE !!! This makes me happy now, because I'm working from 6 pm to 6 am now. And I've been working since August 1st... even the weekends. AND I will be working this weekend too. Don't worry, be happy. But I thank God that I have been selected to get a promotion, even though I am a grouch, and I also did not study... much. Oscar looks more like my younger brother than me. We both are sort of furry, burly, however you spell it. "I think he's trying to slip me a mickey." 












6 Comments:
LOL, I dont look like Oscar. Oh, well, mabye I do...
Congrats on the promotion, bro. If you believed in yourself half as much as I do, you'd be a general by now.
Congrats! Time to twist open a cap on the Arbor Mist in your fridge.... ;)
Combulations, Louise!
Sounds like you are in a Frat. Taking stupid tests and all that shite.
Josue, don't you mean Boones Farm? Don't pat yourself too much on the back Belac, I mean...look who is president a freaking D-Student.
That's funny. I never patted myself on the back. I'm still in shock because I barely studied for the test. How did I make it ? Oh well...
Hope the best for you! Hey, did you ever see the David Chappell Show version of Oscar the Grouch?
NO, I haven't
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home