Are "Support Our Troops" magnets really necessary ?

A few months ago I got this e-mail from my cousin with the link http://www.antimagnet.com. I looked at the website again recently. Then I started to remember. Oh yeah. All of a sudden I begin to notice. I see these people all over the place, even in the military, who have these magnets on the back of their vehicle. It is Yellow or Red, White, Blue... and say,"SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" or "GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS." Come on !!! If that is not a FAD... I'm just going to buy a magnet and put it on my car so I can feel better about myself.

I have a better idea. Keep your job here in the U.S. and when it comes time to do your taxes, YOU ARE supporting the troops (like me) by paying your taxes because a lot of that money goes to people like me and my brother and other government employees. A lot of that money is used to blow up innocent people, which is supposedly an accident when our military does it. We kill people and break things. That's our job and we do it at YOUR expense. You know what else ? I pay a percentage of my own wages because I'm military and I pay taxes. It's funny. I donate money into the large pot. And the large pot gives me back more money. Aint it swell ?!!!

4 Comments:
But you can give them your life. General Patton said "Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
I truly hate the magnet ribbon that says "Freedom isn't Free" I hate that stupid saying. I remember when some idiot told me that "They died for your freedom!" I asked him, "How?"
He was stumped.
You have to fight for your own freedom. No one can fight for you. And the last time I checked a US soldier dying/living in Iraq didnt change the fact that I can eat my chinese food today, tomorrow, or ever.
I would rather my taxes not go to building weapons of mass destruction. I would rather give my money to a homeless shelter then give it to the gov'ment.
I am familiar with Patton. Have you seen the movie ? I wish more people in the military were like him, because he made more sense than anybody. Good question. "How did they die for your freedom ?" Today, military troops are dying for other peoples freedom, for other nations, in order to attempt to give them "freedom." What works for America may not work for other countries. People live differently in Iraq. How long will this "freedom" there last ?
Right on "the d", I agree. Unless someone invaded America, freedom is free. Last time I checked, Iraq didn't invade America. Oh, has anyone seen an American flag with a "made in China" label on it?
I've got a Puerto Rican flag that was made in China
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home