Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lazy elves at work (section 1) & on the way home (section 2)

(Section 1 is below)

Now I've got a few minutes of free time to talk about work. I had to come in on Saturday and work and was really pissed off at one of my guys, who is lower ranking than me, but in his early 30's (he's also a chocolate face) who was trying to give me an order. I was doing an inventory of items and I had the papers to check off the items to annotate what was there and what wasn't there. So one of my guys says to me, in an ordering tone, "Give me the papers." I ask, "What?" He says, "Give me the section that starts with the -----." He kept bothering me a few times after I said no, so after insulting him I say, "I'll do it myself. I started already and I'll finish it." Later on I find out that he went behind my back to another NCO because I guess he felt offended. Actually he was just putting on a show so someone would be on his side; so he felt "offended" for the sake of his reputation. One of the worst and laziest and most ignorant individuals I have ever worked with is this person I am talking about. There are always 2 sides to a story. This individual should be offended, by the way. He has scammed out of many days of work by going to the doctor and putting on an act so he can get 3 or 4 day weekends because he was put on "quarters." He knows how to abuse the system. Or maybe the non-colored doctors on base felt sorry for him because he's a black single father. Kind of like this Asian female at work who is also a single parent and got promoted early for it. In our group we've actually had people promoted (and/or get special treatment) because they were non-white and a single parent as well. Everyone at work knows this is true; we don't speak out against it because if we do, then we're the racist ones. I thought there was supposed to be equality in the military. One of my Mexican buddies didn't do anything special other than being a hard worker among a few dozen in our entire group, but he got promoted. He knew why he got promoted early and laughed about it. Enough about people and promotions. We'll get back to the issue about one of my workers, rather, slackers that I supervise. These facts below help explain the situation between myself and the "offended" individual:

#1, come to work on time.

#2, don't tell an NCO what to do; ask first, even if trying to be helpful. You can make suggestions respectfully and be heard. Be respectful or suffer consequences.

#3, age and time in service doesn't mean anything when out-ranked by another individual or when out-ranked by many other individuals.

#4, just because you're a single father doesn't give you the right to constantly be late to work, even when you've got a second job at The Olive Garden on the weekends. Military duties come first, before an additional occupation, which if you want a second job you have to have authorization from the squadron commander.

#5, when an individual has a supervisor, he is required to communicate daily, such as: notifying the supervisor of appointments & times; asking the supervisor if it is okay leaving work early instead of telling supervisor what time they're leaving, and clearly communicating all of that information; also by letting the supervisor know about personal issues that may require attention or assistance from another individual; finally, to not skip the chain of command.

#6, when your supervisor is getting more pissed off and constantly tells you things you need to do to be a better worker and you constantly ignore the supervisor's requests, you're asking for the supervisor to chew you out daily.

(Section 2 is below)

I try to understand drivers and their reasons for driving foolishly, like last night as I'm coming home from work. Yeah, I worked on Saturday. Back to the story. It is between 9:30 and 9:45 p.m. on the highway, and I'm a few miles from the exit I usually take. I was about 8 miles from my exit when I see a car speeding in the distance in the fast lane, maybe 1,000 feet behind me, so I signal to get into the middle lane of a 3 lane highway, the lane is clear now because I passed a bunch of slowly moving cars. Then I see that some car moved without signaling and is all of sudden behind me on my tail and I know the guy was in the far right lane before going slow. So this idiot gets mad but it is his fault cuz I moved first and I signaled and he starts speeding up getting closer to my tail, so I maintain my speed for a few miles. There are a bunch of slow cars blocking the far right lane and lots of speeding cars in the fast lane, I'm still in the center lane. But then later on I signal again to move over to the far right lane, which is now clear, after passing slowly moving cars, so I can exit because the exit is in half a mile, and this idiot (who was still on my tail) pulls the same crap again, but this time flashes his brights at me. Exactly what happened: I signaled to move over when it was clear and this guy saw me signal, and mimics my move, without signaling he moves right behind me, then gets mad at me and flashes his brights? This guy was pissing me off, so I started to speed up to 75 (in a 60) to get away from the fool, who was probably not drunk, just a horrible driver. So he ate my dust and I got to exit.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

chocolate face eats Popeyes and KFC many times a week

Monday, 19 November, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, I know you and tailgaters have never gotten along

Friday, 23 November, 2007  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Today, Black Friday, I actually went to JC Penny and Toys R Us. Very early in the morning, like 4 something a.m., some idiot honked at me for stopping at a red light. I had my signal light on to turn right, but traffic was coming, plus it is the law that if the light is red you still have to make a complete stop. I guess he didn't want me to stop at the red light. So I pulled forward a bit and made another complete stop for this idiot behind me, then I came to yield sign down the street and this idiot yet again is behind me and almost rear-ended me, but I'm still waiting for traffic to pass so I can continue passed the yield sign. Then I hit a stop sign, before getting to JC Penny, where I waited for a few extra seconds to piss off Johnny Idiot behind me, who was in a rush. We've got impatient idiots everywhere.

Friday, 23 November, 2007  
Blogger The D said...

Well...it was black friday.

So, your post was about some dude who has troubles. You resent your fellow Minorities being promoted? I refuse to believe that this US Military would be run in such a silly and ineffective way. The US military is the best! Worlds best! Plus, take some comfort in knowing that just 20 years ago, it was very rare for a minority to be promoted. Why be an NCO anyway? Why didn't you become an officer? That seems like the best idea if you are joining the military?

Monday, 26 November, 2007  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

No, I don't resent fellow minorities being promoted. In many cases ONLY minorities have gotten promoted under our known flawed system. "I refuse to believe that this US Military would be run in such a silly and ineffective way." That is funny. Man, you of all people would know that our gov't & military are corrupt, even without every being in the US military? Being on officer is over-rated, over-stated. There is nothing special about being an officer. So what, they get a few extra bucks. In the Air Farce if you don't promote within a 2 or 3 year period, you get kicked out; plus you only stay in one place for a year, at the most 2 years, then move on to something else, like another base where you start over again. Right now I can't be an officer anyway. I would need to finish 2 years of college to get a BA/BS, I've been sick for 2 years and will probably get discharged anyway, plus because of the nature of my current occupation and health problems I have no free time along with an inconveniant work schedule for taking classes online or in a classroom.

Tuesday, 27 November, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like there is a lot of politics in the Airforce. People shouldn't be rewarded for their laziness or sin. For example, an individual gets promoted because someone feels sorry for them for being a single parent - but they are a single parent because they committed fornication and were in sin, and too lazy to work on a relationship or use protection while being sexually immoral. God doesn't want us to suffer. Sin makes us suffer in one way or another. Society is inventing new ways to reward sin - like more "rights" for loving immoral sodomy aka homosexuality (or we could call it same gender butt sex lovers - sounds terrible, but that's what it is). It's only a matter of time before we start rewarding child molesters. Just look - Welfare rewards laziness and fornication, many times.

Tuesday, 27 November, 2007  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

The Air Force does play around a lot with politics in the workplace. I'm totally against it.

By the way, because we are a "low-income" family we get WIC which is the same as food stamps.

When the Air Farce kicks me out they'll give me disability for my laziness.

Tuesday, 27 November, 2007  
Blogger The D said...

Damn, BJ. that is some harsh shi...stuff. You sound quite high and mighty spouting that as well. Why must you think the worst? Why could not the couple been married, had a kid, then divorced? Technically, your mother is a single parent. Would you call her immoral and a sinner?
Plus, teaching people to use condoms and safe sex cuts down on unwanted pregnancies, therefor cutting down on the amount of abortions as opposed to abstinence only programs. Face it, people like sex and are going to do it. Just because it is immoral to you does not make it immoral to everyone. Your rules do not govern everyone nor should everyone be subject to them. I would pay to have you call the guys kid the product of immoral sin. That would be fun.

Wednesday, 28 November, 2007  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Aren't we all sinners and naturally immoral ? When we all die, because eventually we all will die, we will all see our fate. It will be too late though, since you can't change anything after death, no turning back.

We must examine ourselves before pointing a finger, which I believe BJ was doing. Because of a man's sin, he has caused himself more trouble. People do these things to themselves. Why can't people figure that out? By the way, this blog post was about my lazy co-worker who is a single parent who did not want to marry his girlfriend even after getting her pregnant, but they lived together at the time. In many cases the lazy get rewarded, but that is not always the case. Some people are smart enough to find a glitch in the system and take advantage of it. Some people are lazy at work and get in trouble in one way or another for it. Some people don't want to make effort into making a relationship work (like BJ said) and obviously a lot of them really don't care. Can't you see the selfishness? We have very self-centered individuals in this world, especially here in the US. (Don't bring up that Darwin crap) Among many non-NorthAmericans I see a more sharing and caring people, although instinct is to take care of ourselves. (Under what context?) Why do I see more foreigners with a better work ethic than that of most people born or raised here in the United States? Many people of the United States are so spoiled rotten and ignorant that they can't even see how great they've got it in life and how convenient everything is for them for shopping, consumption of food and other goods, and a common daily lifestyle fit for a King here in the United States.

Wednesday, 28 November, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I was refering to in my comment above was that people can use the system, in many cases, when they are in a bad situation that is a result of their own sin. I wasn't saying that everyone on welfare is, but a lot are. Don't be so quick to judge me. I know that I'm a wicked sinner and immoral. This is why I desperately need a savior - Jesus Christ! So before you think I'm trying to be high and mighty, read thoroughly. Also, I was implying that some people are too lazy to wear a condom, and get someone pregnant, only to tap into welfare at your expense as a taxpayer. Again, read thoroughly. Also, I've already examined myself. I examine myself everyday and I always fall short. I guess I can't speak the truth about anything because it ticks people off. Actually, many kids are born out of wetlock (or wedlock), and they are called bastards or bastard children. But it's not the kids fault that his parents didn't get married. Muslims descended from Ishmael, who was Abraham's bastard child. Does this piece of truth hurt your ears too? Oh well..

Thursday, 29 November, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, phunandgab, you make more money than I do. But don't feel like the example I gave was you. I know you work for a living. And you slave for the government no less. And you have physical ailments, no kidding. A good movie to watch is "Million Dollar Baby" - take note of Maggie Fitzgerald's (Hilary Swank) family.

Friday, 30 November, 2007  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I know... I was sort of joking around to mock welfare and food stamps, even though I get their benefits.

Friday, 30 November, 2007  
Blogger The D said...

Caleb, What Darwin Crap?

BJ, are you implying that all muslims are bastard children?

Is that really truth? Does the Torah say that the children of Ibrahim are actually Muslims? What is truth? What some guy tells you or what you find out for yourself?

I'm sorry my boy, but you lost a lot of credibility when you tried to convince me that the earth is 6000 years old using some quacks book and religious tracts. ^_^

Thursday, 06 December, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Credibility: What the Bible says about the father of Arabs:

Genesis 16:11-12

11 The angel of the LORD also said to her: "You are now with child and you will have a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the LORD has heard of your misery. 12 He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers."

Monday, 17 December, 2007  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Darwin crap? I'm just saying that I don't want to hear the same lame Darwin sayings that I've heard over and over again, that's all, but I'm glad no one has said it yet. Who wants to be the first one to comment with a lame quote? Cowards...

Monday, 17 December, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the d thinks he is so high and mighty

Monday, 17 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search for gas prices by US Zip Code