Saturday, January 26, 2008

Yesterday at the doctor's office on base...


...FINALLY, after 2 years, someone on the military medical side has recognized that perhaps I need a medical evaluation board (MEB) because of my health problems. I did get to see a doctor on Friday at the base clinic/hospital, although the Doc was a civilian. I didn't have much of a choice since my primary care manager (PCM) was deployed. The Doc said that a thorough review of my medical record needs to be done and that they'll talk with other doctors to see whether or not a MEB needs to be done. The Doc is concerned about my ability to deploy, ability to do the fitness test, and my ability to perform tasks while in a deployed location (longer working hours, weather/heat, etc.) AND obviously they're concerned about my problems at work. Thanks Doc..... someone has done the right thing by using their thought process to recognize that I need a MEB. I will be really pissed off if the Docs decide to not go ahead with a MEB. Let's hope the Docs do the right thing.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally, some progress

Saturday, 26 January, 2008  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Progress like in Iraq...

I forgot to mention that the Doc was concerned that my illness may flare up while deployed and they might have to send me back to the states if I got worse while deployed. Plus with my medication and the things my meds do to me... yeah, they don't want me deploying. After all of that mess they'll still have to determine if I'm still fit to stay in the military.

Saturday, 26 January, 2008  
Blogger The D said...

Did this Civilian Doc have a cane, pop vicodin, and have a surly wacky attitude?

Deploy...You sound like an umbrella...or a siege tank.

*Ready to Roll out!*

Sunday, 27 January, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the d: Ah ... Star Craft. A fun game.

phunandgab: The pic looks like the Doc is holding a cheese grater to the kids face. Iraq = lost cause

Sunday, 03 February, 2008  
Blogger The D said...

I was just playing the Terran Campaign on Brood War. I forgot how much fun it is. I can't wait for StarCraft 2.

Wednesday, 06 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need a light?

Saturday, 09 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search for gas prices by US Zip Code