The Day after Yesterday
Black Friday is over. I ended up waking up at 5 a.m. so I could go with some friends in one car. It was a good idea to go in one car. Parking sucked. It is dark outside and there are lines all over the place outside. There was an Indian guy at a cash register for 20 minutes at Comp USA, giving crap to the cashier because he wanted $200 right then and there, but if only he had read the small print he would have known that you have to mail in for the rebates.
At Best Buy we were there around 6 a.m. and lots of people were already waiting in line, which was traveling around the entire store, people in the way all of the time. There was yellow barricade tape that traveled all around the store, which formed the line to the check out registers. It was nuts. Best buy had trash all over the place too. It was so bad that as we were leaving the store, while it was still very dark out, a news reporter was at the front entrance inside about to go on air. I thought it was funny how the lady was all preping herself and looked so serious as she made sure her coat and hair looked perfect for the camera. This was a great opportunity for me to say, "Why are they reporting this ? I don't think many people are watching the news right now. Most people are out shopping." Most of Oklahoma City seemed to be up early and out shopping.
I wasn't very impressed by the so-called "discounts" at many places during Black Friday. I see better deals online all year long, which you can find with a little bit of research. Today we got some clothes and shoes dirt cheap. Other than that it was lame at Comp USA, Best Buy, Kohl's, Circuit City, etc... so I didn't bother waiting in line. I'd rather pay the extra/normal price on another day to not deal with the BS and crowds and people. There were gigantic messes all over the place. JC Penney was horrible. Knocked over stands, trash and all sorts of garbage scattered all over the floor, and at JC Penney and Kohl's there were clothes everywhere as if a hurricane hit the building. It was funny. My highlight of the day was when I went to a Christian store and found SUPERBOOK DVD's. It was awesome that I found it - I didn't know they still existed or had DVD's out. So I bought one. After 20 years they still sell this stuff. For me, it is a classic cartoon. I am going to try to get the entire SUPERBOOK set. It's great !!!
We got home around 10:30 am and then ate breakfast. Then we took a nap. Around 2 pm we woke up and went to the base to the BX and for food shopping. I was very surprised that hardly anyone was there to buy stuff. It was a perfect time to go shopping. Then, as we left the base, we got a call from some Vietnamese friends that lived right by the base, and were invited over for dinner just as I was complaining about how starved I was. Things have gone great these last 2 days. My friend let me test drive his Mazda Speed 3 (MT = manual transmission) on Thanksgiving. He only had the car maybe 24 hours and already let me drive it - I guess because he's rusty with the stick shift, just began learning. A few seconds after I saw the car, my friend gave me the keys and I got to drive it around town and on the highway the whole time. That car is beautiful, handles great, acceleration is so quick and smooth, not to mention the wheels grip the road wonderfully through turns. It makes the WRX look like child's play. If you have a chance to test drive the MS3, go for it. The seats are very comfortable, sporty, and hold you in through every movement. This car has a cool looking console and indicators, although red lighted. It feels like a jet fighter cockpit. The great part about this is that my buddy will let me drive his car ANY TIME... just gotta tell him that I want to drive it again.
Aside from my health, things have been going well. I've said enough...
At Best Buy we were there around 6 a.m. and lots of people were already waiting in line, which was traveling around the entire store, people in the way all of the time. There was yellow barricade tape that traveled all around the store, which formed the line to the check out registers. It was nuts. Best buy had trash all over the place too. It was so bad that as we were leaving the store, while it was still very dark out, a news reporter was at the front entrance inside about to go on air. I thought it was funny how the lady was all preping herself and looked so serious as she made sure her coat and hair looked perfect for the camera. This was a great opportunity for me to say, "Why are they reporting this ? I don't think many people are watching the news right now. Most people are out shopping." Most of Oklahoma City seemed to be up early and out shopping.
I wasn't very impressed by the so-called "discounts" at many places during Black Friday. I see better deals online all year long, which you can find with a little bit of research. Today we got some clothes and shoes dirt cheap. Other than that it was lame at Comp USA, Best Buy, Kohl's, Circuit City, etc... so I didn't bother waiting in line. I'd rather pay the extra/normal price on another day to not deal with the BS and crowds and people. There were gigantic messes all over the place. JC Penney was horrible. Knocked over stands, trash and all sorts of garbage scattered all over the floor, and at JC Penney and Kohl's there were clothes everywhere as if a hurricane hit the building. It was funny. My highlight of the day was when I went to a Christian store and found SUPERBOOK DVD's. It was awesome that I found it - I didn't know they still existed or had DVD's out. So I bought one. After 20 years they still sell this stuff. For me, it is a classic cartoon. I am going to try to get the entire SUPERBOOK set. It's great !!!
We got home around 10:30 am and then ate breakfast. Then we took a nap. Around 2 pm we woke up and went to the base to the BX and for food shopping. I was very surprised that hardly anyone was there to buy stuff. It was a perfect time to go shopping. Then, as we left the base, we got a call from some Vietnamese friends that lived right by the base, and were invited over for dinner just as I was complaining about how starved I was. Things have gone great these last 2 days. My friend let me test drive his Mazda Speed 3 (MT = manual transmission) on Thanksgiving. He only had the car maybe 24 hours and already let me drive it - I guess because he's rusty with the stick shift, just began learning. A few seconds after I saw the car, my friend gave me the keys and I got to drive it around town and on the highway the whole time. That car is beautiful, handles great, acceleration is so quick and smooth, not to mention the wheels grip the road wonderfully through turns. It makes the WRX look like child's play. If you have a chance to test drive the MS3, go for it. The seats are very comfortable, sporty, and hold you in through every movement. This car has a cool looking console and indicators, although red lighted. It feels like a jet fighter cockpit. The great part about this is that my buddy will let me drive his car ANY TIME... just gotta tell him that I want to drive it again.
Aside from my health, things have been going well. I've said enough...

4 Comments:
sweet.
I hear you on BF being a joke this year. Unless you were spending over a G for an electronic item (and those were just a few OK deals), the deals were pretty typical. I enjoyed my sleep while MFs were out being savages...Glad for your play-by-play though in the field... :p
As far as the M3Speed goes, I saw that car several months ago and it IS absolutely legit. I have not driven one though, BUT I have driven a WRX and I find it tough to compare those two. IMO, I give the edge to the WRX but I REALLY like the look of the Mazda. I should bounce over to the dealer and act interested to get a test drive and provide a better opinion......
I can not be leave that you acutally go shopping on black friday. You know what I did? I slept in and ate leftovers. Aint no body gonna tell me when I can and cannot shop.
I am not going to pay $50 or more for a pair of jeans on a regular day - that's all I really wanted to get cheap
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home