Monday, February 20, 2006

Now I've got something to say... like Josue


After reading Josue's blog, I am reminded of what happened this weekend. I didn't think it was any big deal, like the end of the world if I didn't get what I wanted, but it is a little fun when I have to keep people waiting in line and anger them while I walk to the back of the store to exchange a product.

I was at Wal-Mart on Saturday with my wife (I hate Wal-Mart) and she had to use food stamps to get free milk. The food stamp label was beside the price tag on the wrong kind of milk.

I found this out after the cashier put the milk in the bag and I loaded it into the cart. This was when some anal Wal-Mart manager passes by, looking at me like a criminal, saying it was the wrong milk. She made the cashier take the milk back and look at the food stamp papers again. "It's the wrong kind of milk." No crap, she said it three times.

I told them that the food stamp label was wrong. They're still looking at me like I'm some kind of idiot. I assumed that because they have a food stamp label beside the price tag, that the item is covered under the food stamps, because this is the way food stamps are supposed to work, to make it easy for food stamp people to find food stamp items easily. Some one still left the food stamp label by the price tag.

I was just telling them, as an FYI, that even at the Air Force base the "Hiland" brand milk qualifies for food stamps. And the price tag for "Hiland" milk has the food stamp label next to it, which it is supposed to if it qualifies as a food stamp item. Conclusion in my head, "Maybe Hiland milk is the food stamp milk here at Wal-Mart too ? It makes sense. The food stamp label is even by the price tag. It must qualify as a food stamp product." But at Wal-Mart, since they are cheap, they only consider "Great Value" milk to qualify for food stamps. What's the difference ? "Great Value" is Wal-Mart's cheap brand, which comes directly from the cow, milked by illegal Chinese immigrants in the back of the store.

The cashier tells me that "Hiland" milk does not qualify for food stamps, but the "Great Value" milk does qualify. Duh !!! I went through this a couple times already. I know that. I'm trying to simply tell the cashier that in the back of the store, where I got the bloody milk, the food stamp label is still on the milk rack beside the price tag. I tell her, "Some one should remove the label."

When I went to the back of the store, which took like a minute, since the store is so big, I put the "Hiland" milk back and heard somebody curse. I was wondering where it came from. Then I duck down under the milk rack and see the milk man back there in the milk refrigerator cursing and looking at me. When I put the milk back, the rack was full, so the gallon milk jug on the end fell down, right on the guy's foot and broke open. "Are you alright ?" I asked. "I'm sorry sir." He continues to rant and rave about the broken milk jug. Then I explain to him about the wrongly labeled "Hiland" milk and he tells me to get the "Great Value" food stamp milk down the other way, ignoring me about the fact that he should remove the food stamp label that is next to the "Hiland" milk price tag. I told him and he didn't listen. How many other people has and will this happen to ?

I was laughing all the way to the cash register and told the cashier what happened. She probably thought I was lying to her about breaking a gallon of milk on a fellow Wal-Mart employee, but it was definitely true. I thought it was funny, so I continued to laugh and talk about it to the cashier as everyone else was angrily waiting in line behind me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great value my @$#

Monday, 20 February, 2006  
Blogger The D said...

So...you were trying to mail a gallon of milk? I am confused.

Tuesday, 21 February, 2006  
Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

that was a knee slapper

Tuesday, 21 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I died laughing reading this one, the last couple paragraphs...that's awesome

"barbaqued mouse with milk...sounds delicious"

Sunday, 06 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search for gas prices by US Zip Code